We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. By “personal information” we mean data this is unique to an individual, such as a name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, personal information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
LifeDojo may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How we share information
LifeDojo may disclose Personal Data to your employer, health plan or group health plan for the following general purposes:
- to coordinate enrollment in, enhancement of your experience, and education about, the services available to you through our platform,
- to ensure that you receive appropriate rewards for participation in our services and other similar services provided by your employer,
- to evaluate the overall quality and effectiveness of the program(s) in which you may participate, and
- to assess your eligibility for other programs that your employer may offer.
All personal information disclosed is the minimum amount necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purpose. LifeDojo is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information (“PHI”) and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI.
LifeDojo may aggregate information collected through our Services and remove identifiers so that the information no longer identifies or can be used to identify an individual (“Anonymized Information”). LifeDojo may share Anonymized Information with third parties such as our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share Personal Data with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Applicable law may require LifeDojo to disclose your Personal Data if: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant) or other legal requirements; (ii) disclosure would mitigate LifeDojo’s liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (iii) necessary to protect legal rights of LifeDojo, users, customers, business partners or other interested parties; or (iv) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law). For residents of the European Economic Area, LifeDojo will disclose Personal Data only when permitted to do so under applicable European and EU Member States’ national data protection laws and regulations.
Your privacy rights
The right to know and access your personal information: Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If you would like to know the personal information that LifeDojo maintains about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a registered user, you can review certain personal information that you provided to LifeDojo by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you are not a registered user, LifeDojo may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to personal information.
The right to correct or delete personal information: The easiest way to correct or delete certain personal information that you have provided to LifeDojo is to log in to your account and enter the necessary changes in your account settings. If you have additional requests or questions regarding the correction or deletion of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. We may also retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. If our services are made available to you by a corporate customer that is sponsoring your use of the services, your eligibility to receive incentives and rewards from such parties, if any are offered, may be adversely affected by your election to remove personal information about you from LifeDojo.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on May 24, 2018, and will be effective starting May 25, 2018.